Fruit and vegetables are part of a healthy, balanced diet and can help us stay healthy and therefore It’s important that we eat enough of them.
Five reasons to eat five portions of fruit and veg
- Fruit and vegetables are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C and potassium.
- They’re an excellent source of dietary fibre, which can help to maintain a healthy gut and prevent constipation and other digestion problems. A diet high in fibre can also reduce your risk of bowel cancer.
- They can help to reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke and some cancers.
- Fruit and vegetables contribute to a healthy, balanced diet.
- Fruit and vegetables taste delicious and there’s so much variety to choose from.
To get tips on how to reach five a day please click on the link below;