Innov8 Sportz CIC is passionate about improving the lives of people through physical activity. We value the importance of mental health awareness in our communities and understand the impact that mental health conditions have on the people whom are affected by them. By increasing the awareness of the causes and effect of mental health conditions, we aid a reduction in the social stigmas attached to mental health. We believe it’s OK not to be OK!!!
Mental Health Charter for Sport and Recreation
Innov8 Sportz CIC has recently become a signatory on the Mental Health Charter for Sport and Recreation, which sets out how the sport sector can use its collective power to tackle mental health problems and the stigma that surrounds them. The Charter outlines six actions that the sport and physical activity sector can take to help make mental health a better understood matter.
- Use the power of sport and recreation to promote wellbeing, with a special focus on encouraging physical activity and social interaction for their contribution to good mental health.
- Publicly promote and adopt good mental health policies and best practice within sports and recreational activities.
- Promote positive public health messages using diverse role models and ambassadors to reduce the stigma attached to mental health problems.
- Actively tackle discrimination on the grounds of mental health to ensure that everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
- Support the establishment of a pan-sport platform to work closely with the mental health sector to develop and share networks, resources and best practice.
- Regularly monitor performance, assess progress and take positive action on mental health issues.
Innov8 Sportz CIC has undertaken an action plan for our organisation which will help us strengthen our understanding of mental health conditions and the impact the regular physical activity has on our mental wellbeing.